People might wonder, what is the fuss around buying a bike insurance policy? Does a rider really need one? And what if a person rides the bike without a policy? After all, buying a bike is your decision, shouldn’t insuring it or not also be a matter of choice? Apparently not.
Consider this, someone or the other in your friend’s circle would have been at the receiving end of an accident without any fault of theirs. It might even so happen, that they were merely waiting at a traffic signal and someone bumped their car or bike into them. Were they at any fault?
Another example would be the domino effect. A driver carelessly takes a sudden turn. He might not realize but he would have caused a series of accidents behind. In either of the cases, it is clear that even if you ride carefully, you might still end up with an unforeseen incident. There are a ton of such examples.
If you had a bike insurance policy, you would not have to worry a lot about financial ramifications in such cases. And if you are worried about buying some expensive policy, leave those concerns out, since you can buy bike insurance online at a low price. Here is all that you would need to know.
Buying bike insurance online is one of the simplest and hassle-free tasks that you can undertake.
Process to Buy Bike Insurance Online
Once you have decided to buy a bike insurance policy, head over to the website of any insurer that you wish to buy the policy from. This seemingly simple step is your gateway to buying a policy within a few minutes without breaking your head over it.
- The first step would be then to find a link for bike insurance.
- Click on the buy two-wheeler insurance/bike insurance or a similar button.
- You now have the option to either opt for a new insurance, renew existing policy from another insurer or renew policy from the same insurer.
- The subsequent online form largely depends on the option that you choose above.
- If you were to choose for a new policy, the website would then ask you for some basic details such as the make of the bike, registration number, year of registration, engine capacity of the bike, contact details such as phone number and email id and so on.
- Should you choose the option to renew from another insurer, the website might request for your vehicle’s registration number along with contact information.
- On the next page, you will have to provide details such as such as the make of the bike, registration number, year of registration, engine capacity of the bike, claims made, etc.
- If you choose the option to renew the policy from the same insurer, you will be asked to provide the policy number along with either the engine number or chassis number.
- You might receive the option to choose for a single year policy or multi-year policy.
- You can either proceed with the default plans on offer or choose to customize the plan.
- In the customization, you can opt for various add-ons to enhance your policy.
- Next up, you might have to provide additional personal details along with nominee details to proceed with purchase of the policy.
- You can then choose any of the provided payment options to pay for the policy. These include popular options such as net banking, credit card, debit card etc.
- Now you can sit back, relax and wait for the policy to land in your inbox or download it from your account on the insurer’s website. It usually takes a few minutes after the processing of the funds for the policy to reach your mailbox.
This is how you can buy a bike insurance policy online. Note that the process might vary from insurer to insurer. The other methods include visiting the website of an online aggregator and comparing policies. Or, you can visit different insurers and compare their policies and premiums before taking a final call. The second can be very time consuming and cumbersome. No matter which way you choose to insure your bike, make sure to renew it on time.