Given the worsening traffic situation across the country, two-wheelers have become the most preferred mode of transport. Whether you are a fan of a motorcycle or a scooter, they help you to traverse through traffic with relative ease. But there is a different side to the equation altogether.
Since the number of vehicles on the road is going up, it inadvertently increases the chances of accidents as well. Minor incidents such as dents and scratches are all too common these days. Is there is a way to keep yourself away from all such incidents? Yes, a 2 wheeler insurance.
When you buy two wheeler insurance, you need not worry about such occurrences. You can ride out in the city as well as the highways with complete peace of mind. And should there be any incidents, you can always opt for cashless service. What is a cashless claim you ask?
We buy a bike insurance with the intention of using it at the time of need. And cashless service is one of the smarter ways of using a bike insurance. All the insurers have tie-ups with network garages. If you happen to visit any of these garages for repair or service, you can claim cashless service.
As the name suggests, you need not pay the entire bill amount from your pockets under most circumstances during a claim. You just have to pay the deductibles during a cashless claim. Once your bike is in the garage, the insurer will send money directly to the garage and the repairs can start accordingly. Cashless service reduces the burden on you for spending money and later on seeking reimbursements.
How to Claim Cashless Service?
The process for cashless service is super easy, as long as you have a valid bike insurance. The steps mentioned below are quite generic and might differ slightly based on the insurer that you have opted for.
- If there was a third-party vehicle involved in the accident, take a note of the vehicle number.
- If there were any witnesses around, take down their names and contact number.
- You must then reach out to your insurer and inform them about the incident.
- You can speak with the customer support representative to connect you with a garage for cashless service.
- In the case of an accident, do not forget to file an FIR with the nearest police station. The presence of an FIR makes the claims process a bit smoother.
- After the claim has been registered, you would be contacted by the insurer to submit supporting documents.
- Your insurer will then send a representative to assess the damages and provide their quotation for repairs.
- Post-assessment, he/she will approve the same.
Once the repair is complete, you can collect your bike. If you have opted for a voluntary deductible, you will have to pay the same.
Types of Policies
The above is a good enough reason to buy two wheeler insurance. Imagine, visiting a garage and getting your bike repaired without having to spend a large amount. There are a lot of other benefits that you can have if you buy 2 wheeler insurance. Benefits such as coverage against natural calamities and man-made calamities.
Whether you buy two wheeler insurance online or offline, you can avail cashless service. However, when you opt for two wheeler insurance online, you can save a considerable amount of money. Some benefits of cashless claims include.
- Not having to pay the entire amount for repairs from your own pockets. A claim would take care of most of the expenses.
- You are much more independent as you need not worry about expenses, thus you can focus on getting the repair done properly.
- Since the garage and insurer are directly involved in a transaction, it reduces the chances of fraud by a dramatic margin.
- Cashless claims are better than paying money for the repairs and waiting for the entire reimbursement process to take place.
You can buy two wheeler insurance online and get to keep all the benefits of a bike insurance at affordable costs.