If you never heard of the New Rainmaker website platform it may be because the platform is relatively new and less well known. However if your thinking about hosting your website there, I’m here to warn you against it.
If you want to get a website online quickly or even just find an alternative to managing your own self-hosted wordpress website rainmaker could be just what you looking for .
What are the rainmaker platform?
At its core rainmaker is a modified version of wordpress software that aims to simplify the process of getting a website online and publishing content in a wide range of formats.
Rainmaker any all in one website solution buite on top of wordpress, offering a simple site setup process, a small, but high quality selection of website themes and a carefully handpicked set of features.
It is just about helping you create a homepage for your business it’ much more than that, and include tools for creating all of the following.
- Landing pages.
- A/B content optimization test.
- Protected member content.
- Online course.
- Discussion forums.
- Email marketing campaigns.
- Ecommerce stores selling digital products and services.
- Payment processor integrations.
- Managed wordpress hosting.
- Website creation software.
- Landing page creation software.
- SEO software.
- Membership site software and a form software.
- Shopping cart software.
Rainmaker’s plans start from $95 and also it has the 14 days free trial. So your thinking, why write another? Didn’t you already cover everything you had to say? The truth is that when I wrote the LMS post (#8), the questions I got focused on when I would create a video version of the membership solution (#7).
Almost. Plus ten posts feels like a better list than right?
Why choice new rainmaker platform?
WordPress may power 25% of the web but it’s not without faults. One reason why WordPress isn’t the best choice for everyone is the easy of use (or lack thereof). Although publishing a new blog post with WordPress is relatively straightforward there a lot you need to do before you can start publishing your content.
Rainmaker aims to simplify the process of create a website and publishing content by providing you with everything. its you’r need in one package. just likes shopping around for web hosting evaluating countless WordPress themes and searching out the best plugins — not to mention taking care of all the technical details are handled for you.
By providing everything for you Rainmaker lets you focus on creating content, generating leads, and also selling your services and products rather than researching, purchasing, and configuring the extras a self hosted WordPress website needs.
When searching for a platform for your website, you will want to make sure it’s run by a reputable organization. Rainmaker certainly meets that criteria, having been created by the team behind the popular Copyblogger and StudioPress brands two of the biggest names in new content marketing and WordPress themes.
In short, the goal of new Rainmaker is to let you focus on publishing content, while all the technical details and product selection are taken care of for you.
Why You Shouldn’t Choose Rainmaker.
Despite its benefits of Rainmaker isn’t for everyone. If you don’t like full control over your website and then installing WordPress yourself choosing your own web hosting adding your preferred plugins and selecting or create your own themes is a better options.
If your got advanced requirements for your website such as customizing the underlying WordPress code or creating your own plugins to add specific functionality again Rainmaker won to be suitable.
However, if you want access to a platform that makes publishing content straightforward including a good selection of features and themes and takes care of all the technical details Rainmaker is well worth exploring.
Best features of rainmaker:
Its been created by well respected team with many year of experience in the field of marketing and designing for the web. It simplifies the process of getting a website online and publishing content while taking care of important tasks such as secure and backing up your site on an ongoing basis.
So let’s have a look at those features in more detail.
Pros and Cons of the Rainmaker Platform:
After building a membership site with the Rainmaker platform,There are some pros and cons of Rainmaker platform. They are:
There are a lot of pros to use Rainmaker, so we will only list the most important ones.
- Beautiful user interface: The user interface of this platform is very good and user friendly. Since Rainmaker use the WordPress but it does not look like WordPress.
- Huge cost savings – If you were to combine the cost of all the software and services Rainmaker replace, the Rainmaker saves you some serious $$$. Their $95 / month or if you pre pay annually $79 per month is CHEAP for the value you get!!
- Point and Click Design Customization – Whether you are creating a landing page, sales page, and customizing your entire site design the entire process is super easy.
- Membership sites simplified – If you ever setup a membership site, then you know it can take days to get something setup properly. Rainmaker simplifies the process, so you can do it in the few hours without a developer.
- Reliable Hosting, Security, Backups, and Performance – Rainmaker use the Synthesis managed hosting platform, so you don’t have worry about site uptime and speeds. They partner with in Sucuri to ensure that your sites are secure.
- Keyword research and SEO – Rainmaker use in Scribe Contents keyword features to help you outrank your competitors in search.
- Can’t install other WordPress plugins – You are not install other plugins because it has everything you want to create a website and sell digital goods. If you want a feature which do not exist, then you will have to wait for their team to build that functionality.
- No built-in email marketing – you must use AWeber, MailChimp, or Infusionsoft for your email marketing service. These are solid solutions.
Create products a member site with rainmaker platform
- Rainmaker was design to make membership sites and sellings digital goods easy, so it has a huge focus on conversion. You can see after that by clicking on the Conversion tab from your dashboard.
- Before you create products and member groups, so it’s your need to setup your payment method and email list.
- On the same conversion page you will also find the option to create products, add coupons, manage orders, manage downloads, add member groups and create A/B split-tests.
- Simply click on the ‘New’ button to add your first product. This first product can be a set of courses (premium content) that you want to sell and limit access to member only.
- You need to give it a title, provide the description enter amount. You can also add a membership group here.
- Once you are done, click the save button. Repeat the process to add more product and membership modules, courses, etc.
- All themes are the highly customizable. So, you can build your own combinations.
Creating Content in Rainmaker:
- It’s content interface makes it easy to create content.
- Start by clicking the content button, it will take you the content dashboard. here, you can choose the different type content you can write.
- Here, You can create posts, pages, landing pages, pricing pages, portfolio pages, podcast episodes, forums, and membership pages etc.
- Later in the article, and we will show you how to create a page and restricts access to members only.
Restricting Access in Rainmaker:
- Now that you have created the products, you have to go back to the content which you added.
- Now, edit the content page and scroll down a little. You will see the Membership Group This is where you can select which membership group a user needs in order to see this content.
- For all your paid content, and digital downloads, repeat this process.
Creating Landing Pages for Membership Site in Rainmaker
- Rainmaker has a other separate section to create landing pages or sales pages.
- Simply go to Content » Landing Pages. here, you will have two choices. You can either use Rainmaker’s template builder to create your landing page or you can select from selection of pre-designed templates.
- If you select the template builder, then it will show you choice of landing page types to select from.
- select one that matches your need, for example a sales page. On the other screen, you will see an editor that lets you customize your page in a step by step process.
- Once you are done creating your landing page click the publish button.
- On the other hand ,if you select the pre-designed template then you will see the ready to use templates with screenshots of how they would look.
- Simply select the one which is your goals and start edit the text.
Monitoring Traffic and Sales:
- In the Traffic section, you can run your website’s outreach analysis. In other words, enter your keywords and Rainmaker will grade your content for that keyword some practical suggestions to improve your search engine ranking.
- Rainmaker has its built-in affiliate management solution. This allows you to add and manage affiliates from central locations.
- Also, it allows your users to become affiliates without having to create two different accounts.
Getting results a rainmaker
- After you have done your work in the next part, you will see your work pay off.
- Rainmaker ‘Results’ just shows you.
- No need to switch back and forth between your email marketing service, google analytics, affiliate marketing program, and countless other accounts. You can get all results into your Rainmaker dashboard.
- Now, you can create a membership site with Rainmaker’s platform easily.